Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bigbartguy

Big Sandy cell tower?

10 posts in this topic

I havent been up for a few weeks, does anyone know if that cell tower ever went in near the Lodge? any word?

thanks!

It's in the process of going in behind the old Shamrock store.

The tower was delivered today.

thanks CK

I'll keep you posted.

From the Aitkin Age...

2007 1:00:00 PM Email this article • Print this article

Cell phone tower for Big Sandy

Wayne Alden and Dave Tjosvold have invested in a new cellular phone tower for the Big Sandy area.

It is being installed this week on the Jacobs property, on the south side of CSAH 14 near the Shamrock Cafe.

It will be 324 feet tall and they can enter into contracts with up to five cell phone providers.

The first contract signed is with RCC, or Cell 2000 that was bought by Verizon.

They intend to sign a contract with Cell 1/Cingular, which was purchased by AT & T.

"We're sure others will come on board," said Tjosvold.

He said the permit for the tower was approved by the Aitkin County Planning Commission. There was a room full of people at the hearing but no one spoke against the tower and Sheriff Scott Turner spoke in favor of it.

He said this tower will serve Big Sandy, Minnewawa, Horseshoe and Round lakes and anyone else within a seven mile radius of the site.

"They will have primary, excellent cell phone coverage," said Tjosvold.

SWEET!

I'll ask Dave when he thinks it will be done,up and running.

The tower is up and the fence is going around it.

It should not be long before a dish is hung.

Dave said this morning that the tower should be fully functional within 2-3 weeks.