Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grant Pearson

stillwater bait shops

7 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a bait shop in/near stillwater that has suckers better than 8 inches. I checked beanies, but really don't want to be paying $17.95 a doz for the large suckers or $2.50 a piece for them. That's a little outrageous if you ask me.

Have you checked with Jimmy's just south of Stillwater on 95?

it's located next to a diner or something, right?

Yea its next to the Oasis just south of downtown.Prices are gonna be similar though.Big suckers are not cheap.

I realize that big suckers aren't cheap. But $18 a doz? I can get them for about half that price in WBL

Kingfisher: If you can drive over to Spring Lake Park try Vados Bait whop. They have Suckers pretty cheap. Take 694 west to 65 and get off on 65. Head North to Osbourne Road and go about a block and a half farther on 65. Vados Bait Shop is on the right as you head north. Its a little hike for you but the have about he cheapest bait in town I have found over the years. Vados has been around since Hector was a Pup. My Dad talks about buying bait from them after World War II.

Quote:

Kingfisher: If you can drive over to Spring Lake Park try Vados Bait whop. They have Suckers pretty cheap. Take 694 west to 65 and get off on 65. Head North to Osbourne Road and go about a block and a half farther on 65. Vados Bait Shop is on the right as you head north. Its a little hike for you but the have about he cheapest bait in town I have found over the years. Vados has been around since Hector was a Pup. My Dad talks about buying bait from them after World War II.

thanks. But with going to stillwater, any money saved on bait would be spent on gas. If I'm in the area, I'll stop there....