Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
perchking

H20 C ISSUES!!!!!!!!!

Question

perchking

Ok,

About 3 weeks ago I bought a H20 C from a reputable online company I put in batteries and after about 4hrs of searching it still never found (1) satellite. I called the company they said returns have to go back to Lowrance. So after about 3hrs NOT KIDDING on the time frame, I did a RMA request and sent it to Lowrance. I typed up a note stating the issue. got it back 2 days ago and have yet to see a satellite... I have spent another 3+ hrs on the phone listing to there automated crap (thank you for your patience, some one will be with you shortly). I left 2 messages yesterday and 1 today and have not been called back yet. Is there something I am doing wrong? I also have a eTREX right next to it and the little garmin picks up all 4 in about a minute.

PLEASE HELP, or just say I am doing everything correct and I have a defective unit....

9 answers to this question

solbes

Hmm, I don't think I'll be much help. I just took mine out of the box, popped in batteries, and it acquired position (inside my house). The position error went down after going outside as it picked up more satellites.

Are there obstructions around (trees, buildings, etc?) Are you out in the open? Guess that's pretty obvious and won't likely help you.

About the only I will say is that my H20 will not pick up WAAS satellites unless I have a clear view to the south. I have no problems picking up regular satellites, even in my car.

Good luck and hope you figure it out.

Ralph Wiggum

You can initalize the GPS which will help it to find sattellites where you are quicker. Once it knows where it is, it will lock on much faster. I can't remember the steps, but it tells you how to do it in the manual. I would put in fresh batteries, do the initialization, and set it in a place with an unobstructed view of the skies. Then, let it go for a while and see what happens.

BoxMN

FWIW, this happened to my brothers as well when he first got it. He had to send it back, but the next one had been working fine for several years now. I hope you have good luck. I had very poor experience with Lowrance customer support, and is one reason that I may switch brands with my next purchase, after many, many good years with Eagle/Lowrance products. I hope you have better luck.

iffwalleyes

I had 4 I finder hunts and all of them did this. I finally got so fed up with it I told Lowrance to send me a H2O because I hadn't heard of this being a problem. So I took a loss in Value but came out ahead because I have had no problems with my H2O. So maybe this is a similar deal. Just making sure but you have it exposed/outside where it can get good reception?

harvey lee

I had to send mine back four times before it would aquire a signal.

Augusta

After sitting for a long period of time, mine will do the same thing. Takes forever to lock on. What I've learned to do is just do the "Initialize GPS" thing and works fine after that. Not sure what it is, but like I said, works great after that.

irishwalleye

I had the same problem -- after looking at it for a couple of hours it turned out it was looking for me in CHINA.. needless to say I was not there and after initialzing it correctly this time.. has worked without a problem since... even picking up WAAS more frequently now then it was in march when i got it...

GOOD LUCK

PierBridge

Try the initializing like stated above or it's back to waiting long periods on hold and shipping it back it's just the way it is with Lowrance these days, messages and E-Mail are not going to get the job done.

harvey lee

Thats why my new one will not be a Lowrance, very poor customer service.

I now need to eat my words about Lowrance. Today I recieved a new H2O from them. It took some time but they did correct my issues and it works. smile.gifsmile.gif