• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tell me what you think on this!! Fantasy Football

bassNspear

If you are picking #5, how would you set up your draft. Im kinda new to this hole live draft stuff, so im looking for some help.

Depends on the leauge usually but RB is always a good place to start. With the 5th pick you should be able to get someone decent.

In my league we could a reception as a point so a good running back that can catch out of the back field is a big point getter so thats where I would start.

start off looking to select Frank Gore or Joseph Addia in the first round. Then play the board. If thier are any top 10 maybe 12 RB still on the board draft them with your second pick. Otherwise don't be afraid to grab a top 5 WR. If the RB went early look for another WR in the 3rd round as no one else will be looking RB and virtually the same RB's will be there in the 4th and maybe 5th round.

Agree with all, take the top available RB at #5 (although some will be tempted by P. Manning). Then take the next best RB on the way back down the order and hope that a QB and a WR or two has been taken so that you get a good #2. Nobody is real sure on the top WR's as any of 4-5 guys are all in the mix and you may see one of them in the third round depending on who goes to the top four teams at the end of round two and start of round three.

Only way I'd change this up is in a heavy QB scoring league where Peyton Manning is a real option at #5. Every year a QB finishes number 2 or 3 in scoring that wasn't taken until the later rounds--wait on them and some real good ones in proven systems like Kitna or Bulger may be available later while you have been loading up on RB's and WR's (maybe a top TE if your league doesn't mix them with the WR's).

I have played in eight team leagues, ten team leagues and even a 14 team league and I always leave the 14 team league draft hating my team since the players are so spread out.

my stategy this year is to go all rb's and wr's in the first 5 to 6 rounds then im gonna look for qbs in the later rounds. based on Strength of sched., a qb by committee deal. i will probably take one of the top 3 def. in the 6th. then a te and more wrs and sleeper rb's. kicker in the last two rounds.

ok, I just did a draft where I picked second.

#1 Steven Jackson

#2 Chad johnson not any super quality Rbs left so grab a top WR

#3 T. Owens Same as above

#4 Marshawn Lynch -- as stated in an earlier post, once most players have thier 2 RB they will begin to look WR and QB, so Lynch and early 3rd round pick slipped to the bottom of the 4th round.

I was in 4 FF drafts today. Tomlinson went #1 every time. Jackson went #2 twice. Larry Johnson went #2 and Jackson #3 one time and Alexander went #2 LJ #3 and Jackson #4 the other time. The time that Alexander went everybody was amazed because he shouldn't have gone that high in the draft, the guy who took him is a complete seahawk freak and loves any of their players.

One of the drafts today I was drafting someone elses team and I had the #5 pick. I took Manning in rnd 1, Harrison in Rnd 2, could have taken wayne in rnd 3 but didn't because the actual owner wouldn't have so I took TJ Housh, Rnd 4 I took Colston and my RB's for him were McGahee and R. Brown I think. I know when I was done I thought the team wasn't all that bad and I would take it for mine if I could have.

That is too much stock in Indy for me! No RB's in the 1st three round is also risky and then ending up with Brown is also a crap-shoot. Maybe I'm wrong, but then again it's not your team grin.gif

I know he ended up with a weak rb core but it is only an 8 man league so there are still some decent RB's out there for pickup if Brown doesn't do real well. I am on the fence with him, he hasn't had a great preseason but with Cam Cameron there I think he could make Brown into a really good RB. Look what he did with Tomlinson as the O-Coordinator. But you hit it on the head...It's not my team so I was experimenting a little!! grin.gifgrin.gif

Hey xedge, I had a draft last night and missed the 1st 2 rounds so auto pick selected I ENDED UP WITH BROWN frown.gif Now I will have to make a trade to get rid of him to someone. Hopefully someone loves the Dolphins grin.gif

That's a rough one grin.gifgrin.gif!! Good luck trying to trade him, I would bet you would find someone who wants him. grin.gif