Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBMasterAngler

Boomsite Landing At Night?

6 posts in this topic

It's been a few years since I've been there, is it lit up at all at night? Easy to find in the dark? I'm thinking about doing some nightfishing below the bridge but am concerned about getting lost trying to find the access in the middle of the night.

I stayed out to late one night, and although easy to find if you are familiar with the landing. However I also found two nice size sandbars and I am glad I was going slow because one was pretty difficult to get my 17 footer off of without getting out of the boat.

are there any other landings around stillwater other than boomsite? I will be going with a friend this weekend and haven't gone out of stillwater. any help would be appreciated.

My map shows one in bayport, but is that even open anymore? If so, what is the exact location of it?

The only launch in Bayport is the Beach house marina.Its 10bucks mon-fri,and 20 on weekends unless you are there b4 9am.It sits right next to the Bayport park and is a very nice launch.If you know someone who works for Anderson windows ,they have a launch there to but its pretty shallow.The only other pulic launch which was just south of Sunnyside marina was closed but it is still listed on the hotspots map.There is limited parking at the Beachhouse so you need to get there early on the weekends to get a spot,otherwise the city wants another 10spot for parking in their lot.What a scam!!!!

It's not lit up at night and I would guess it's pretty shallow around there about now. Beanie's is usually a safe bet, but costs $9 during the week and I believe around $15 on the weekend. It's worth the money when the river is as low as it has been because the launch is nice and pretty deep.