Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

shamrock7

This spring, I installed Lowrance 522C GPS/Depthfinders with Lakemaster chips into my 3 main rental boats that range from a 1600 Crestliner Fishhawk to an 1800 Crestliner Superhawk. In a normal year, we will go thru 2-3 props per boat and unsually a skeg or 2. This has been an unusually busy year for the rentals and we have yet to have as much as a scratch on prop.

I have to assume that the detail of the GPS is saving the day. So those of you out there that have a habit of trying to make sand out of the big rocks with your lower unit, you may want to use this argument with the wife to justify replacing the old (Or not so old) depthfinder.

But Honey, it will save us lots of money in props and skeg repair!!!! Who knows, it may work.

vermilionfox

Sounds like a great idea!

shamrock7

For those curious, I checked the water level today and we are 17" below our high level from this spring, which wasn't that high. So, we are getting close to the low levels we had last fall.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• SRMrK2
      Please send photo's, thank you. gkaeter@charter.net
    • monstermoose78
      There is a bunch of walleyes in Mille lacs and for the first time in a long time there is  bait fish for them to eat. Mille lacs is a son of a gun to fish if there is a bunch of bait for walleyes to eat. It’s still one the best walleye fisheries in the world. 
    • gimruis
      Wait until open water season.  It was ranked #1 in the country for bass for a reason.  Its also ranked #6 in the nation for muskies too if you have enough patience to target them. A recent review of Mille Lacs was conducted by an independent Biologist from Lake Erie and found that what the DNR has done with that lake has been fair, accurate, and appropriate in terms of regulation/harvest/restrictions.  Course, some business owners might say otherwise but the science and data has been found to be true.
    • gimruis
      I did not draw an early season permit.  I may be able to snag a surplus season B, otherwise it will be a later season for me this spring.  The birds are getting SMART.  They have refused to listen to any calls and they are decoy shy so I haven't been using calls or decoys for a while now.  Rather, I just sit there and wait on a travel route and hope they walk within range (sort of like deer hunting I guess).  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Scouting is obviously important.  What has also really helped is the use of Winchester Longbeard XR ammo.  I have harvested turkeys out to 60 yards with it in recent years.
    • monstermoose78
      Found out we will have up to 17 guns up for grabs. Plus all the of other prizes. That does not include the 3 guns in the 3 gun raffle. The 3 gun raffle tickets must be purchased before the banquet, so let me know if you need some they are 5 bucks each.

• monstermoose78
      I will be at it with archery gear. It took some time to get the first one with the crossbow but the last two years I stuck a turkey. Watch for the turkey contest here as it is fun times. I can’t wait to see all the photos of turkeys soon.
    • LoonASea
      I wonder if you would still need both on you if you have the lifetime licence 
    • Hoyt4
      It's go time, i pretty much have all my gear ready for end of March for NE. Our first hunt is archery only then I get to come home and get even with the pipe bomb. Good luck Wanderer once you get that first they just start to drop after that. Bow or shotgun they are a blast. Bisonguy, Scout scout scout. The more you know what the birds are doing and want to do will help. Being a better woodsman and knowing your land and what the birds are doing will put more birds in the dirt then great calling. Patience is another huge part of turkey hunting. I am 1st to want to start running and gunning and give up on a bird i've been working but over the years have got a lot better and just need to give some setups a chance before moving. Good luck be safe.
    • derbier122x
      Anyone have a chance to play with these yet? I'm thinking of getting one to add a second unit to my boat. I have a hook 5 already and it is decent for what I use it for. Also, if I stay with just the original hook series, anyone know if there is a way to make a copy of the lake chip?
    • BrianF
      Cliff is right. If the upper jaw extends past the lower jaw or lip (aka an underbite), then it’s a whitefish. If the lower lip is even with or extends past the upper lip, then it’s a Cisco.  This according to the DNR website. Cisco’s also seem to have an irredescent hue to them vs. whitefish, which in Lake V have a slight brown/yellow hue to them. Hard to explain in words. Bleeding fish...plenty of YouTube videos on how to do it.  I gill them. Leaves your fillets pearly white and creates way less blood and slime during the fillet process. Many say the fillet tastes better too. 
  • Share & Have Fun