Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shamrock7

What to do.....water so low

3 posts in this topic

This spring, I installed Lowrance 522C GPS/Depthfinders with Lakemaster chips into my 3 main rental boats that range from a 1600 Crestliner Fishhawk to an 1800 Crestliner Superhawk. In a normal year, we will go thru 2-3 props per boat and unsually a skeg or 2. This has been an unusually busy year for the rentals and we have yet to have as much as a scratch on prop.

I have to assume that the detail of the GPS is saving the day. So those of you out there that have a habit of trying to make sand out of the big rocks with your lower unit, you may want to use this argument with the wife to justify replacing the old (Or not so old) depthfinder.

But Honey, it will save us lots of money in props and skeg repair!!!! Who knows, it may work.

Sounds like a great idea!

For those curious, I checked the water level today and we are 17" below our high level from this spring, which wasn't that high. So, we are getting close to the low levels we had last fall.