Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Griggs

Lowrance 5200c GPS

4 posts in this topic

I'm looking to get a GPS for my boat. This Lowrance 5200c is a color GPS only unit with 480x480 pixels. This seems like a nice unit for the price. Does anybody have any experience with this unit? Thanks.

(Note from admin,Please read forum policy before posting again,thank-you.)

It's essentially the same as the LMS-520c which I have two of and they are nice little units. I too was going to buy a GPS only unit (5200) but figured I could swap the 520's around if one happened to die and I needed a sonar, so I bought the second 520 instead of the GPS only unit.

I really like my 520's and the screen is very bright, clear, and easy to read. They do the job well for the money and don't see why the 5200 would be any different.

Thanks, this is probably the one I'll go with.

I have had quite a few problems with my 5200c.

I have had to replace the puck 2 times and my last time out i got the dreaded "GPS not responding" again. I am afraid i am going to be on my 3rd LGC-3000 puck. It did start working again after i ran my big motor...but i had 12.9 volts the whole time on the battery so i dont know what the heck is going on?

Very strange problems with this unit.