Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huntin&Fishin

Winter walleye

4 posts in this topic

I was planning a winter walleye fishing trip, what lake around Park rapids is good for walleye? No detailed spots needed but I was just wondering what is a good lake I have the best chance at some walleye? How is Potato, Long, or bad Medicine in the winter? Thanks

Long is my favorite winter lake, when i lived at home in the winter we used to always put a house out there and did very well for eater sized fish, did pull a few nice ones but the majority were 14 to 18". we always fished Crystal point and had the house in about 23 feet of water. as a bonus the ciscos would come through almost ever morning and provide some great action when things slowed. Fish hook is another great lake for early winter eyes. lots of eaters and a great shot at a BIG fish if you can stand crowds. Hope this helps, Jonah

Yea, Thanks it did help,How much pressure does Long get? Summer or Winter?

Long in the summer can get pretty crowed on the weekends with lots or jet ski's and pleasure boaters but if you can get there on a weekday you usually be able to fish wherever you want.