Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jigguy1

shooting clays

5 posts in this topic

I am coming up for a long weekend over labor day and was looking for a place to take my son and shoot some clays around the Battle lake, Henning, Ottertail area. Anyone know where we can go? I have my own thrower and clays. Thanks for the replys.

This does not directly answer your question, but there is a sporting clays place just outside Dalton. They have a full course and the smaller set-up too. It will cost a few bucks, but you don't have to worry about the clay bird residue cluttering somebodys pasture or slough.

Then too, your son might pick up a few pointers at the place and the birds will fly way better than from a hand trap.

Just a thought.

Hey Jig Guy,

There is a shooting range just south of Perham and just east of Hwy 78. They have a clay pigeon range there and last I saw had a thrower. Bring your own pigeons and clean up after yourself and you should have a good time.

There is also another range around Henning, but I don't know where exactly.

the Henning rifle range also has a place for clays. South of Henning on the tar past the airport couple miles, turn east, there is a sign. Its out in the middle of no where.

Thanks for the tips. I will have to check them out.