Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nate larson

How high's the water mamma?

10 posts in this topic

So how is everyone doing with all of this rain? Anyone having any flooding problems? I just took a drive around Rochester and there are quite a few spots that look bad. Sounds like it is much worse to the east of here. Looks like fishing will be out of the question for a while eh...?

... it's 5' high and rising!

frown.gif

I grew up by Lewiston and checked with my parents and they said they got 17"!!! They have one of those digital rain gauges. They have 3 inches of water in their lower basement, but they're not complaining too much because there are people who have it a lot worse and there are also 6 confirmed deaths due to this flooding.

I also have a cousin that lives in Goodview and he had about 2 feet of water on the main floor of his house as well as a basement full of water.

My thoughts and prayers to those who lost a loved one to this disaster.

You should see the spot where cascade creek dumps into the Zumbro River below the Silver Lake dam. shocked.gif Our neighbor got a foot of water in her basement.

Zumbro in Mantorville

p1010044gb4.th.jpg

p1010042sx7.th.jpg

p1010049br6.th.jpg

p1010047ro5.th.jpg

Its been rising all day and running straight to Roch, no water in my house though.

Johnny Cash says it's flying through the Falls and Hammond.

Spent the day in Hammond moving stuff to higher ground. I made a trip to Ponderosa, Macs, The Green Bridge, The Falls and Hammond. Yikes!

The Zumbro goes through our back yard. We are up on a small cliff. The river was way out of its banks last night behind our place and about seven or eight feet up the cliff. The water was over some of the roads west of Mantorville.

When we go out on the deck it sounds like a train roaring through the trees below.

brother had about 2 inches of water in the lower apartments of his 4plex in Roch near mayo high school.

i'm from stockton and the garvin brook looks like a raging river. my parents are in utica and they had 7+ feet of water in there basement. most of my neighbors have lost there homes.it could of been alot worse i guess, and more people could have lost there lives. i'm just lucky i had a boat.

Chester woods is completely flooded, had to rescue 16 people camping that saturday night.