• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

remington 870 mounts

picksbigwagon

Okay, I got a low profile (projection type, not a tube style) red (Contact Us Please) "scope". I bought a b-square mount, but my problem is that when I bring the gun up, I have to raise my cheek up to almost the top of my jaw. Now before I run a 12 ga. slug down the tube, will I take a tremendous jolt to my face due to the fact that my cheek is not in on the stock?

Also, does anyone know of a mount for my 870 that doesn't give you 1/2" rise from the receiver?

thanks for the help

theres a company that makes a removable pad for shotgun stocks to use scopes with. cant remember who though.

I forgot to mention that I have a thumbhole stock on my shotgun right now so I am not sure if the stretchy sleeve will work

before:

100_1546.jpg

now:

100_1547.jpg

picks, very nice looking slug gun. cool.gif Almost to nice a looking to scratch up in the woods.

after beating the brush with it last fall grouse hunting, she still looks brand new. It is amazing how hard (and heavy) that laminate is.....

I am by no means a gun expert, but I think I recently experienced something similiar. I think you should find a new stock that doesn't have that rise in it. Would that fix the problem? I also believe their is a "wedge" to buy that will change the angle of your current stock. That might work also.

Good looking gun. Good luck!

If I lower the heighth of the stock, chin will end up on the stock, I need a lower saddle mount

My experience with the B square is not positive. I found that they did not hold up to the recoil of a hard kicking 870 slug gun. The other issue is that every time I fired the gun, the edge of the bracket would recoil back into my trigger hand just below my index finger. It actually drew blood. If I were you, I would do two things: 1) Have your reciever tapped for scope mounts and 2) have your trigger adjusted. I think you will be happy with the results and it should take care of your main issue. Also - a good quality scope on a slug gun is a must due to the heavy recoil. Good luck!

I think it would be around $100 give or take. Another option would be a canteliever slug barrel.