Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walli1

Rain or shine 18 & 19

9 posts in this topic

Looks like were going to get some interesting weather this weekend but that's what rain gear is for. I plan on hitting the river the usual time rain or shine, at least it won't be hot out! Any body else going out in this weekend? Looks as of now I'll be flying solo in the morning! smile.gif

I'm taking a couple of people out of the Bluffs tonight. Will be interested to see how we do. You have any pointers for evening fishing down there. Don't know if I'll be out there on Sunday morning or not.

Good luck, I think we are gonna be chasing muskies on Saturday on another body of water....yeah bring the rain gear!

Hey sandmannd remember that area where I was fishing and down the shore a ways you caught that lawn chair? I've been picking the eyes up in that area yet actually I'll be bobber fishing in that area in the morning good luck!

Walli1,

I wish I was available to beg you for a spot in your boat. I have read your posts with envy, and would like to learn more about the river. I do well out of my boat, but I can always learn grin.gif

I will be out Sunday evening after we get back from the weekend. If you ever see a red and white 17' Starcraft with a 90 merc on back say hi.

Thanks for the reply and pointers Walli. We made it out, but didn't do very well. Was still great being down on the river though.

The sun rise this morning was unreal it made the whole river glow, wow! Fishing this morning was alright had to really work for what I got, fished 9 different places and graphed two others, ended the morning with 4 decent eyes all coming on crawlers in 20 to 35 fow and one heck of a strange way to get a carp. I was lindying along when all of a sudden I felt a weird tug I pulled back and fish on then up came my line and wrapped around that was lead core with a fish on the end I pulled up the line thinking pig walleye but no such luck, here someone snagged a carp and the line must of broke, the carp was around 6 pounds and the shad rap I recovered hooked on the side of the fish was perch pattern. I wonder who lost it and the story that was told about losing a big fish, did the story say it was a carp! wink.gif

Can't believe I let the weather man talk me into not fishing on Sat morning. I bet it was alright out on the Croix for a good while. I sure hope the smart people got the enjoyment out of a good trip. What did you guys catch? Hopefully I missed out on a great bite.

What a great time on the river this morning, man were the smallies ever on a tear, talk about fun, caught a couple eyes only one legal, did I mention the smallies o what fun, heading to the twins game, later! cool.gif