Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Holm

Cat Madness (several pictures)

10 posts in this topic

We got another early start this am. Maybe even a tad too early as for the first hour we never had a run and then only managed to miss a few fish for the next half hour. All it took was for the sky to have the slightest hint of daylight and then the madness happened.

Crazyice got a nice run on his circle hook followed by the perfect sweeping hookset and FISH-ON. Oh, but wait… A few cranks later he says it got off. As he reels in a few more cranks the rod slowly loads and sure enough the cat was running straight at us. FISH-ON again (or still on I should say). A tough bout with multiple surface to bottom runs. I knew this was the largest channel that had ever put in my boat. She finally gave up and we got her aboard.

13lbs 10oz - 30.75” long x 17.25” girth

andya_cat1.jpg

After the fact, crazyice realizes that this is the largest fish he has ever caught period, not to mention his new personal best channel. Whofta. Rebait and toss her out and within 10 mins… zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. Same rod similar fight and struggle.

11lbs 10oz - 29”

andya_cat6.jpg

Rugbyguy wanted to join in the fun but could only get a few smaller ones. He decided to put a cast up near a weedline we were working and just as he put the rod in the holder it blasted off with wizzzzzzz. He grabbed the rod and had a war on his hands trying to pull this beast of a fish out of the weeds. He’d get it out a few feet, then loose 15’ of drag as the cat dove right back in the weeds. This guy even hit the surface a few times with huge splashes followed by figure 8 dives into the weeds. Soon he had it working below the boat and we got to see it. Crazyice put it at 7lbs and Rugby just laughed and said its WAY over that. Here she is

12lb 1 oz - 30.25” long x 17.5” girth

andyv_cat4.jpg

As it turns out this is Rugbyguy’s largest fish of his lifetime as well, not forgetting its also his PB channel.

WOW.

A few minutes later crazyice put a 28” 9lb 11oz in the boat as I doubled with him on a 25”er.

andya_ty_cats1.jpg

What a great day. 2 personal best channels and 2 biggest fish of their lives. I didn’t tie into any monsters today, but that doesn’t stop me for calling this my new best channel outing of my life. I’ll share a few more pics just because..

Classic Pic

andyv_cat2.jpg

Blooper/Funny Pic

andya_cat4.jpg

14 Cats made it to the boat on this fine day and they are all still swimming!

That is a sweet fishing report Mate!!

Cool pics and great story telling.

A tip of the hat to the capt. and PB's

thanks for sharing

LFC

Yeah, what a morning! I said it in the boat and I'll say it again, I didn't think that we could've had a better day than Monday, but man today just shattered Monday's sucess! Two back to back awesome days on the water.....INCREDIBLE!! Tyler forgot to mention that we also had THREE, yes three doubles this morning! I sure didn't think that I would be recanting my statement on monday of the best outing I have had, but the pics speak for them self. Oh yeah, that "blooper" pic, that was the biggie , shortly after that he/she did get me in the family jewels! I guess a little sweet revenge for the hook?? Oh well it was a blast!

Best report I've seen on FM in a very long time. You guys are on fire! Way to go!

WOW! shocked.gif Nice job! laugh.gif

Those sure are some brute channels laugh.gif. We still on for monday tyler that is weather permitting im itchin for another flattie. I sent u a pic of my flathead i caught to ur email.

Got the pic Eric. Might be crazy, but we'er on for tonight! I've alway been one to not let the weather affect my fishing schedule. If its unsafe when we get there, we'll try plan B.

Since its slow in here I'll toss a link out to this thread. More Cattin

For those that snoop around the cat forum, Dan T got a bruiser this weekend. Nice fish bud!

Quote:

For those that snoop around the cat forum, Dan T got a bruiser this weekend. Nice fish bud!

Yup, fished on the Mn River with an other FM'er and we both got fish in the 40"s. His was bigger being 46 x 28. Mine was only 40 x 27. Thing a beauty aint she? grin.gif

sample12kz0.jpg