Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
btetzl50

Monson Lake (+ state park)

10 posts in this topic

We're heading out to Monson (Contact Us Please) Park this weekend. What info on Monson Lake is out there? I can print off a map from the DNR's lake finder, and I see they've even stocked some wally's too.

I'm just looking for tips or anything about the lake.

Take the camp site NW corner of campground Rd.You can pull your boat on shore there 20-30 Yds.down small incline on a trail.Fish south and east sides of the point right there,a good drop,that camp site is also closest to showers,I havent fished there this year,but sunnies are plentiful small,other types are hard to come by(for me anyway) GOOD LUCK!! Its a GREAT camp ground very few people in comparison to other state parks. cool.gif

Thanks for the info!

Is there a good online map (free) of the lake other than the 40 year old maps on the DNR's lakefinder? (the lake has since gotten 5 feet deeper and now has an island..

I have never fished it in the summer. In the winter i fish off the point and the SW corner of the Island for Panfish. I know a friend of mine likes to go out there for some bass fishing. I have never caught anything besides perch and panfish myself.....not even by accident.

Where is the MAP??? if you cant post it email me in my profile Thanks!

Here's the DNR Lake Finder, just type in Monson and Swift Co. There's a PDF and TIFF version under maps and all the fishery info under lake info.

I also emailed you an "updated" version I just did with the supposed new depths (5' is now 10' and so on) and new island.

I thought there were other map sites you knew of other than the DNR.But thanks for the map you sent. cool.gif

Sorry 'bout that.

Thanks again for the info, I've got my map marked and ready to go!

We had a great time that weekend, even in the constant rain! We didn't have much luck out on the lake, just a single crappie down deep. The state park was great, very quiet, only 2 other occupied sites!

Thanks again for the tips!

Good to hear ya had a nice time!You'll always find that park next to empty!!