Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blarkey

muskie tournament

3 posts in this topic

I heard that they had a tournament and caught only two fish for the hole tournament, wondering if thats correct.

It was six days of tough fishing for about 70 anglers who competed in the 46th annual Muskie-Northern Derby Days on Leech Lake July 28-Aug. 2.

Only seven muskies were caught this year, down considerable from 2006. Last year, 19 muskies were registered and released as anglers took advantage of ideal fishing conditions.

Vince Noeller of Laporte, who has been fishing the tournament for several years, finally claimed his first title. Noeller, who took fourth in 2006, caught two muskies. They measured 49 and 47 inches, and were caught Aug. 1 in .

It was the Portage Bay tourny and yes there was 2 fish caught both 41 1/2. I know guys who fished it and they said there are very few weeds in Portage.