Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Turk

walleye update

13 posts in this topic

August 12, 2007 The mid walleye August bite calls for a game plan that involves working lots of spots to find your fish. Milk runs where fish have been holding are starting to produce less fish and so spot jumping is in order. I have been opting for a combination of cranks and spinners (with a little spilt shoting w/bait on small spots) and am still fishing in 20 to 24 feet of water. For the spinners my best blades have been firetiger and silver, I can’t honestly say the bead color matters but I like transparent yellow and red for colors, for bait I have been using crawlers. On a recent trip we did just that, covered ground and Dennis Hahn caught this 30 inch walleye.

DennisHahnperfect10080307web.jpg What a beast!

The eaters are still coming but again, you need to work for them much more than recent weeks.

Also river is rising right now so water clarity is being reduced.

Keep Catchin'

Turk

She's a beauty, nice fish! cool.gif I'll be doing some bobber fishing this coming weekend again, seems as though if the bait hangs around them enough they'll eat it!

Thanks walli.

All- Just a quick note, I had a guide trip today and ended up south of Prescott. The bite was better down south, actually the further south the better it got. Good luck this weekend.

Turk

Turk

glad to hear you had some success down that way.

Very nice fish Turk. Thanks for the tips.

Turk,

I want to make a reservation with you to learn fall fishing techniques on the river. I will be with one other person. Would you recommend late September or early to late October.

Well I was the guy lucky enough to be out with Turk on Wednesday, Great guy & one heck of a fisherman. I hadn't caught a walleye since June fishing on my own at least 2 times a week, using some of the things I learned from Turk I boated 2 eyes and 2 sauger from 6pm until 9pm tonight cool.gif. Thanks a million for the trip Turk. Any of you guys looking to up your catch rate and have a great day on the water I strongly recommend you give Turk a call and set up a trip, You will not regret it,

Thanks Bill for the kind words! We worked for them on that trip, but it was fun none the less,you definitely earn each fish this time of year.

Keep Catchin'

Turk

OafdaleFMR,

That whole period is usually good each fall, just find a date that works for you and send me an email. We'll take it from there! Get the net!

Turk

Might I suggest Sept 22,Though you may not get much you might out catch me by .3 of a pound grin.gifgrin.gifmad.gifmad.gif

is that the one u have in the tank at home turk??? laugh.gif

That's Sheba, my pet walleye, I've got her trained to follow the boat for special clients. Dennis was getting married a few days after he caught her. I wanted to send him off into marriage with one last happy memory. grin.gif

Turk

he he he ... cool.gif