Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cjac

Found Dog on Rice Lake

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to call around and do whatever I can to contact a dog owner that lost a female huskie this weekend. I'm assuming in good faith that someone is frantic, but I've called all over and no eports of a lost dog. If anyone hears/knows anything shoot a note back here.

Chemist: Any ideas? I'm a little ways from you (off Co. Rd 34 at 248th), but thought I'd ask if you've seen any neighbors with a huskie around.

Thanks, Chris

Hopefully you have found the owner as we have the same dog. If a husky gets loose they are gone as ours has done this twice. We were lucky both times to get her back. They are the most friendly dog but they have no loyolty at all. Both times we went after her she would run from us but went right up to strangers. Anyone who ever owns one be sure to have a name and phone number on their collar as they will run miles and miles. Good luck in finding the owner!!!

I called all over, leaving my name and number and got a call last night from a very worried and relieved owner. When they picked her up, she took off like a rocket towards them as soon as she heard their vehicle, so that made my parents feel better. All is good now at Rice......even the fishing!

Chris

Sorry just caught this. Haven't been up for a while. Glad the owner was found. So fishing has been going well? I'm planning on heading up this weekend and maybe hit Rice on Friday, hopefully to find some eyes. Then have to head to the chain for a get-together for our bowling team, and possibly some kitties.

Chemist,

I've not been chasing the 'eyes as much as the bass, things are going well with both greens and browns. Pre-rain the lake was quite low, so I'll be curious where its at, looking to be up this weekend, I'll keep an eye out for ya. You run a blue Lund if I recall correctly?

Chris

yep, Blue Lund. I plan on being out Friday and maybe a little early Sat. Morn. if the boat runs. Supposedly we have a tee time for 11 in Richmond.