Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
lund2025

If it was me, I apologize

lund2025

A couple of weeks ago I posted asking about info for my upcoming trip on Aug. 18. I asked for location, techniques etc. Shortly after that a post appeared about sharing specific info, GPS coordinates and the like. I truly hope my post was not the cause of that. I didn't intend that someone would give me GPS locations or even specific reefs. I was only asking for general info like reefs, weed lines, shoreline breaks etc. If I was misunderstood, I apologize.

Having said that, I am bringing my nephews along and wondered if there is a crankbait trolling bite in RedGut. I was thinking of pulling boards over open water, something like is done in the Great Lakes. Is there a good population of open water walleyes or do they relate mainly to the structure. Thanks for any info.

nofishfisherman

I don't have any real fishing info for you but I will say that is debate goes on in every forum on this site atleast once a summer and then again once every winter.

There are good reasons to keep specific info on the down low but people should be able to give you some info that can help you catch fish. Also ask if people are willing to email some info, you can be a little more liberal with info via email.

Don't take it personally though, its a common occurence around these forums.

tearin' lips

I don't know about pulling boards, but I have almost exclusively been fishing the Redgut area and have done well finding baitfish in deep water off of the reefs and then pulling Reef Runner or Deep Taildancers over them at about 2 mph.

JCR

I regularly pull crank baits in Redgutbay. Usually working the edges of the reefs in about 25/30 ft. It would be hard to use boards as you have to follow the edge of the reefs to stay in reasonable depths, thus requiring relatively tight turns. I like to use one oz in-line weights four or five feet in front of a Shadrap. This lets you get down without having too much line out and lets you follow the depth contour. Incidently, I will be there this weekend also cranking the area. If you see a green lund 21ft, Fisherman, cranking, give me a yell.

lund2025

Thanks for the info. If all goes well we will be fishing by Friday night. We will be in a white lund with merc motors. Hopefully we will see you and also, Bill, thanks for the info. We'll let you know how we did when we get back.

uffdapete

Hey Lund - the post wasn't prompted by your question but more as a result of a collection of comments heard on the job and some observations over the years on fishing websites as a whole.

Because of my job (DNR creel clerk), my backround in customer service and the fact I reside here and fish the lake often, I feel sort of obligated to share more info than I do, so thought an explanation was in order.

clKiekhafer

uffdapete

wink.gifAre one of the guys that stops people at the landings and resorts and as people come in ask them how the fishing as been? I'm just curious, I was trying to put faces with names.

uffdapete

That's me.