Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sheephead24

launches

4 posts in this topic

We are coming up to Mille Lacs for the first time first weekend in october. We are planning on staying in a cabin and taking a launch in the morning, does anyone have any advice if we should bring our own boat? some people say a launch is great and some people hate them. any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

I would recommend Garrison Sport. We did a night launch with them this past Fri night and caught some eyes, it was slower but a great night to be on the water. i think we ended up with about 10 eyes. Then on Sat. we did a mid day trip with them for a batchelor party and had a blast. We got into a bunch of biggggg perch, some eyes, biggest being 27", and a couple of nice smallies. They do a great job there. Been using them as a launch for many years and yet to be dissapointed.

That time of year I would do a night trip on the rocks. I think you would have more fun and get more fish.

It all depends on if you know the lake or not. I'd normally prefer my own boat, but we take them from time to time just because it's easy and with most you don't need to bring much other than food or beverages if you wish. Look up Captain Hooks. They're a good group with reasonable rates to boot.