Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CROPDUSTER56386

Bowhunter friendly sights

7 posts in this topic

I am thinking of getting a new sight for my bow and i don't know what to get. The problem that i have is that the sight that i have the pins seem to be to large, i belive they are 0.30 and i'am looking for a good sight with pins around 0.19 to fine tune my distance shoots, but i would like to keep it in the range of $100.00 to $150.00. CAN ANYONE HELP ME! please give me pros and cons if you can please.

Try the HOT DDDOOOTTT by summit. You can adjust the light to make it thick or thin. It is a pretty cool sight. Plus you can have up to 6 pins and a pendulem for stand hunting. I should get mine in a week and give a update on it. It is like a RED DDDDOOOTTT scope but smarter.

There are many great sights on the market. I have been using a 1 pin hha adjustable for the past 2 years awesome sight! This year I decided to go with a multi pin sight. I went with the new G5 optix line. Another that I really liked was the Black gold. There are so many great sights. Go to a good archery store or even Gander Mountain. Pick someting in your price range you most likely will be happy.

I bought a Sword Apex Twilight Hunter and love it. I think I payed about $90 for it. My 10/20 yard pin is .029 and the other three pins are .019. I would definately check it out.

I am a big fan of my Trophy Ridge Micro Matrix Guide Series.

Thanks guys I was at an auction or the weekend and got a trophy ridge matrix for $50.00 was it a good deal?

Steal. I bought mine from an ebay seller last winter for $85.00. At the time, they retailed for $120.00.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• blue_healer_guy
      Boy, some people must just hate their life.
    • Hoey
      I recommend considering other lakes.  URL by the 4th is nearly void of walleye.  8 years or so ago, we did a two-family trip and only caught fresh water drum.  Star Trib Article
    • eyeguy 54
      http://www.startribune.com/monster-muskie-found-on-mille-lacs-exceeds-state-record/431203243/
    • 2thepointsetters
      I was honored to be part of the "Veterans on Lake Superior" trip again this year. Channel six did a nice story about the Veterans. They were a great group out on the water.   http://www.kbjr6.com/video?clipId=13445592&autostart=true
    • 2thepointsetters
          Barry is retired. I bought his boat and fished her unitl I got the 38'er. Team Crush is still using the old Whitewater.   Barry does work on my boat occasionally as the first mate.    
    • portageguy
      Motor use day or camping.  Pick up day before or day of, May1-September 30. Fill out permit at entrance and put in box when exiting or mail in.  October 1-April 30
    • BulldogInTC
      Hi Cliff -   Thanks for the update on the hatch.  Is this usually a bust for 2 weeks once the big hatches start?  Will be up the 30th-9th, but still excited since its the first time staying for a full week at the in-laws cabin.  Hoping to provide a few updates on the West Side through the week.
    • jiggin9
      Thanks for the info.  I searched before and after this thread for any old threads on this topic.  I got nothing before and this thread is the only one that pops up after.  I will keep looking online or stop at one of the big box stores.    Tight lines. 
    • CaptJohnWis
      J-Roy,  I use UL rod and 4 lb a lot when throwing jigs. I have found that the lighter the jig head, the more fish bite and the more you hook. Wind will mess up using light jigs though. When fishing heavy jigs, cranks, top water or spoons, I use heavier line and rod. If fishing weeds need heavy line as well.   Hook ups/bites is much higher with lite jigs. I missed about 50% of hits yesterday using 1/2 oz head. Landed about 90% of hits a few days ago when using 1/8 oz head. Tough to fish 1/8 oz on even 8 lb line so I stick with 4 lb .
    • DJ_Slick
      oops - duplicate post.