Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lawman

Where was everybody?

11 posts in this topic

Fished on Monday the 6th on the NW side. We only saw one other boat all morning. I will admit, the bite was slow. I guess the tight slot is keeping people away. Did catch a few eyes on cranks/planer boards over the flats.

Eye fishing must be REAL SLOW frown.gif there's not as many reports as usual. I'll be out Fri-Sun this week & Thur-Sun next week. I sure hope I can find something biting with 7 days on the water. After 5:00 PM 8-9 I wont have computer access for a couple of weeks.

If anybody has any info to share I'll take it!!

I'll report back after 8-19.

I was out Friday night the 3rd, I counted 5 boat that I could see.....Jp

Jp,was that before or after six quick ones?Burl.

I was out on Monday from 8am - 5pm. I only saw 3 boats and they were muskie fishing.

Night fishing for eyes! grin.gif

I was out on the flats on Saturday evening and could not see a boat anywhere, who would have thought that was possible?

Just shows how slow the walleyes are, and how changing the slot really shut people off. I just want to know what lakes are taking on all the pressure that Mille Lacs was getting, since the slot changed to 14-16". I don't know many guys who will drive there catch a limit with a 2 inch size range, and I live 30 minutes away. A guy should be fishing northerns there, this time of year, gotta chance at a nice one!

I think that the way the bite has been recently even w/o the slot change the #'s of people fishing would be way down anyway.

Walleye fishing on Mille Lacs basically ended on July 9th. Regardless of all the people that said keeping fish was not important to them.

Cutting the slot at the same time the bite drops off was ludicrous.

Remarks made by locals towards visitors did not help any either.

10,000- 12,000 other lakes to go to.

The change in the slot has hurt. Comments hurt, and it's just been flat out too hot!!!!

Bring on the Fall!!! grin.gifgrin.gif