• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Duck Camo choices

Was wondering what everybody wears for duck camo?

I've got some Mossy Oak Shadowgrass, some Advantage Max-4, and my favorite Advantage Wetlands.

I think what you wear really depends on what season it is. If I had all the camo for every situation, I'd wear Shadowgrass early season, and Advantage Wetlands mid to late season, and Max-4 at the very end, mostly because its a vegetation transition from green to light brown to darker yet.

I've heard Mossy Oak has a New Shadowgrass and Duck Blind. Anyone seen anything else? What are your favorites?

Depending on the terrain, I hunt in Shadowgrass, Max-4, or Realtree Hardwoods.

max-4 I think is the best all around terrain for ducks, but I sure like Advantage wetland too.

Whatever is on Sale!! I think the new "duck blind" camo from mossy oak is nice

max-4,and shadowgrass look great in cornfields, but in the cattail swamps ya gotta go with A-wetlands!

Yeah I really like my Advantage Wetlands.

Max4 is a sweet pattern but it doesn't blend in with anything in the marsh, its just too dark.

Columbia's Delta Hunter "X" or DH Marsh is good looking stuff. Also New Shadowgrassm Advantage Wetlands and Duckblind.

Max-4 is too dark for a lot of hunting situations.

1989 Woodland Camo, brown

May have to step up as the old coat is finally giving up the gohst. Would like to go old-school with a Filson Waterfowl Coat- just plain old khaki brown canvas.

More likely, Drake has a coat in the Duck Blind that looks pretty.

I love the Old Mossy Oak Shadowgrass. Also like Columbia's Delta Hunter for it's versatility.

since i goose hunt half the time in carharts and a grey hoodie, i will have to say what my favorite layout blind camo is... Mud. i have two gooseview xterminators and couldnt tell you which one is shadowgrass and which one is cornstalk half of the time because they are usually mudded up pretty good.

I really hate the trend in camo that the patterns have to be changed every year lately. I am a huge fan of the old Mossy Oak Shadow Grass, then I was forced to replace stuff with the New Shadow Grass, which actually grew on me a little. Now this year everything is the Mossy Oak Duck Blind. I like that camo keeps getting more detailed, but I shot just as many ducks in my old Shadowgrass as I did anything else.

I'm also a Shadow Grass guy.

It does seem that they are changing patterns every year.

Sifty

It is unfortunate that the camo patterns that they have come up with in recent years is more suited for the waterfowl hunter of down south. It seems that alot of the patterns have alot of tree branches and such in them that make them extremely dark for the hunting situations that we face here in MN. I personally still use Fall Flight which I believe they do not make any more, it is a bit lighter than most. Hopefully someone will produce a better cattail pattern for better concealment.