Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vuddah

Help on Guide Series Reels

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I am a big Shimano fan when it comes to reels but the other day i stopped by Gander Mountain and was looking at the other reels that they have on stock. I was interested in the Guide Series reels. I heard that are made by Pinnacle. I don't quite know the quality and performance of a Guide Series reel was wondering if anyone could help add there $0.02.

Thanks guys,

Vuddah

Depending on the reel you were looking at it could be made by just about anyone. In the past 10 years they have reels made by several companies. I have had many gander reels and they were all a ok buy for the money. I just got 2 line counter reels of Ganders and they are working very well for the $.

I roam the Metro forum during the summer and the Duluth forum while I am up at school so this isn't the first time you have helped me out. Thank you Northlander!

A couple years ago I bought a combo baitcaster from Gander for my son. The reel lasted one season. When we brought it into Gander they said they will just replace it with a new one. Model was discontinued. Not being impressed by the reel we decided to trade it in and got a $99.00 Quantam baitcaster at the recommendation of the sales associate. He said he would do an even swap on the reels since there was only a $20 difference. Won't buy a guide series again.

Your welcome V-man.

Heck at the price I paid for these reels if they last me a full year they will be worth it. So far they have handle downrigging and pulling boards with no problem.

The fact that Gander will take them back for almost any reason is also a big plus. Try that with another brand without a reciept and they say "sorry, send it in" to whatever brand it is.