• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Give Blood

irishjigs

All,

I know by now, all probably are aware of the bridge collapse on 35W in Minneapolis. I am asking all that are able, to give blood to your local blood center. The blood bank was low before this happened, and now it is drastically low.

I know this isn't a normal post on this site, but I feel the circumstances call for it.

Thank you in advance,

Gregg Maloney

This is a great idea but not just because of the bridge incident. If you've never done it, don't be anxious about it. It only takes a few minutes and the insertion doesn't feel any worse than if you pinch yourself but the benefits are way too great to ignore.

I didn't start giving until my late thirties and now give twice a year; working on my second gallon.

Bob

I have been donating for close to 30 years(yeah that does date me a bit) and I am not sure how many gallons I have donated to date. I would be heading down to donate a pint, but I just donated last week and they only let you donate ever 56 days. It really ain't a big ordeal to donate, they even give you cookies after you donate grin.gif

The pain from the poke is not that bad and only lasts for a few seconds. The big thing for me is you just never know if and or when a pint of blood you donate may make the difference between someone surviving or not. I would rather it be there just in case.