Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
irishjigs

Give Blood

irishjigs    0
irishjigs

All,

I know by now, all probably are aware of the bridge collapse on 35W in Minneapolis. I am asking all that are able, to give blood to your local blood center. The blood bank was low before this happened, and now it is drastically low.

I know this isn't a normal post on this site, but I feel the circumstances call for it.

Thank you in advance,

Gregg Maloney

BobT    104
BobT

This is a great idea but not just because of the bridge incident. If you've never done it, don't be anxious about it. It only takes a few minutes and the insertion doesn't feel any worse than if you pinch yourself but the benefits are way too great to ignore.

I didn't start giving until my late thirties and now give twice a year; working on my second gallon.

Bob

bassNspear    0
bassNspear

Great idea. Hope everyone can help out the situation.

upnorth    2
upnorth

I have been donating for close to 30 years(yeah that does date me a bit) and I am not sure how many gallons I have donated to date. I would be heading down to donate a pint, but I just donated last week and they only let you donate ever 56 days. It really ain't a big ordeal to donate, they even give you cookies after you donate grin.gif

The pain from the poke is not that bad and only lasts for a few seconds. The big thing for me is you just never know if and or when a pint of blood you donate may make the difference between someone surviving or not. I would rather it be there just in case.