Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redhooks

Grand Marais/BW report

3 posts in this topic

It's been awhile since I've posted any reports after moving up here. Truth of the matter is that there is too much water to fish all at once but it sure is fun trying wink.gif. Superior has started to heat up with surface temps ranging from 65-70 and we caught several lakers shallow longlining cranks and salmon slightly deeper using spoons with leadcore and dipseys.

Last weekend while fishing inland north of town walleyes and smallies were hitting cranks under the full moon and yesterday we pounded the smallies on lindy rigs w/ inflated crawlers until we ran out of bait and then switched to senkos and powerbait crawlers.

Spent last week in the Ely area and the hot temps made things tough but we managed enough for shore lunch and couple lunker smallies and 'eyes rigging crawlers and leeches on rockpiles and windblown shorelines on basswood. The White Iron chain was tough in hot calm conditions but if you could find fish it was best to sit on them and grudge match it out using rigs and bait, very light biters & needed lot's of time to swallow the bait.

This weekend is the fisherman's picnic in Grand Marais so there will be lots of fish stories to be had. Good luck to all,

redhooks

Thanks for the report, brother.

Good to hear from you and thanks for the report.