Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

def

I am new to this site. We are thinking about coming to Faribault for a few days of fishing. We fish for watever bites, Northern, Bullheads, Bass, White Bass, Drum, Walleye & ect. Does any one know of a reasonable place to stay? What would be good lakes to try? We have a boat. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Chester

SpecialK

I would head over to Lake Madison and Tetonka myself. Best Point Resort on Tetonka get's good reviews from folks all the time and the owners are very friendly. It's further West than Faribo but it'd be worth it.

eyepatrol

Yep, you can catch all the drum and bullheads that you can shake a stick at on Tetonka right now. tongue.gif

Matt C

I agree, go a little further west - about 15 minutes west of Faribault on Hwy 60 - and go to Tetonka.

No_Net

Another one for Tetonka. Caught 5 eyes between 18-26 1/2" couple of northers and plenty of drum last saturday.

Team Otter

Sakatah Bay Resort and Hotel would be a good place to stay in downtown Waterville, MN. Tetonka and Sakatah both make for a great option.

def

Thanks for all the info. Now all we have to do is get up there and catch some fish.

hawkeye43

The guy that runs sakatah resort evens know where to catch fish. wink.gifwink.gif

Team Otter

And his fish cleaning shack is top-notch. smirk.gif

BUMP

I HAVE A SCHEDULED DATE AT SAKAHTA BAY MOTEL FOR 8/9-8/12. I MAY NEED TO RECSCHULED DUE TO A WORK CONFLICT. GIVE ME AN EMAIL,BUMPY2@NETINS.NET,THANKS

def

Bump, I sent you an e-mail. We can't leave before the 13th though.

Thank you

def

def

Well we finaly found a place to stay. Not where we wanted, but as long as it has a stool, soft bed & the roof doesn't leak to bad we will be ok. So we will be heading that way Monday the 13th if we ever get ready. Hope whatever bites is bitting. Thanks for all the help.

Chester

fishn4kids

Def What part of southwest Iowa you from? Just thought i would ask as beings i am from southeast Nebraska, right along the Missouri river. I now live in Mankato Mn. Lots of good fishing so good luck and have fun.

Duane

french_lake_kid

def, where did you choose to go? (Hope I didn't miss it)

hawkeye43

french lake kid, Are you going out with a cram girl??? Or am I wrong?? blush.gif

def

I was born & raised near Shenandoah. We are staying at Hoys Hide A While on French lake. That was the only one we could find for that date. Hope it has fish. If not have pickup, boat & will travel.

smnduck

I have hunted for waterfowl many times around Riverton. The snow geese will blacken the sky. Good luck on your fishin trip.

dkhntr

What is it with these guys from Iowa and bullheads? Nothing against them, but I always see Iowa plates in SC MN fishing for bullheads intentionally. I have not eaten one in a long time, but remember they are tasty.

harvey lee

Nothing wrong with bullheads, great flathead catfish bait. grin.gif

def

I have been catching & eating bullheads for over 60 years. We started going to Minnesta to fish for them in the late 40"s. Thats about all we had to fish for in sw Iowa at the time. About the only place we can find them anymore is in the rivers or small streeams. It seems that Bass love them too. So save some for me.

french_lake_kid

Quote:

french lake kid, Are you going out with a cram girl??? Or am I wrong??
blush.gif

Nope not me. tongue.gif Def tell me how you do. I was on french... ahh... um... friday pm. Were you in the front "Big cabin" closest to the lake? I might have seen you. I was messing around on the dock for bass... bout' 1ish in the afternoon.

def

No we won't be there till some time tomorrow.

french_lake_kid

How long are you going to be around? What are you guys going to be fishing for? I'll be around 2sday, & wed. Probly spend most of the day on 2sday on roberds, then later in the day I will be back on french till dark. Wed. again on robers. Found some monster bass on roberds out deep 2day. So fun! wink.gif

def

We will be leaving for home Fri. Morning. We fish for most anyting, northerns, bass, walleye & even bullheads.

french_lake_kid

Probly wont see you then. It's my dads wknd so ya. Bullheads, there are like 3 bullheads in the whole lake. Guess there used to be more, but not now. smirk.gif Saw my 1st 1 this year. Couldn't beleive it. Think the skies ate'em all. If you like sheephead and muskies, you're in luck. For eye's concentrate on the most obvious structure. Ask for a guy named Dan. He will be helping out around the resort. Tellem dillon told you to put him on the eye's. He should help tou out pretty good. Have fun. tongue.gif