• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

It’s That Time of Year Again

DigitalFisherman

This will be my first year hunting with a recurve so I’ve been practicing as frequently as I can; usually three or four times a week. So this morning I’m going through the routine and am shooting pretty well.

Draw, anchor, visualize, release.

Draw, anchor, Geese; did I hear geese, release… Ping!

I shot way left and squarely hit the steal pole that the bales are lashed to. There is now a three inch crack down the shaft of a brand new Gold Tip… smooth, real smooth.

Month and a half away from the first open hunting season and I already can’t stay focused on a task… it’s going to be a long six weeks.

I believe that it doesnt matter who you are, a shot can go wrong from time to time.

Sometimes we just make a mistake. I try to not take more than 10 shots when I practice. I find that when I take those 40-50 shot sessions that towards the end my grouping is never as tight as my first ten.

Keep at it and you will be fine.