Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Ray Mysterio

Pilsbury State Forest

Ray Mysterio

Just curious if anyone has spent any time bowhunting in Pilsbury? I have driven through there many times and now that my parents will be living close by, I will start doing some scouting.

I am an experienced bowhunter - just not to the Pilsbury State Forest. Any general information is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mysterio

irvingdog

Wear orange.

Ray Mysterio

Lots of small game hunter huh.

Powerstroke

Lots of small game hunters, but also quite a bit of recreation use. I hunt rifles here every year, but have only bow hunted late season. Then its very quiet.

irvingdog

Sorry so abrupt with the last post.

Yes, there are LOTS of small game hunters there. At least until they reduce the woods to a ghostly silence. Then, they'll be gone. Ever been to Nemaji? That's what's coming.

Sometimes, for the safety of bowhunters (yes, I bow hunt) I wish they'd ban the use of rifles for small game and only allow shotgun. (no, I'm not a gun-ban type of guy either) I had a .17 whizzzzz by my tree in Pillsbury a few years ago.

I'm done there.

Ray Mysterio

Thanks for the info guys. Small game hunters always worry me when I am hunting public land sitting in a tree in full camo.

Mysterio

realtower

I live right next to it and bow hunt it all year. If you are willing to go deep you will be fine. There is about 2000+ acres to play in you just need to do some home work. By the way I would stay clear during rifle season.

Ray Mysterio

Thanks for the info realtower. When hunting public property, I pack light and take long walks so that shouldn't be a problem. I won't be hunting it at all during rifle season. Maybe after. How is the deer ratio there? Bucks to does?

Mysterio

realtower

Some times it feels like 100 to 1 does to bucks. But thats MN. The bucks are there but they have been dealing with people along time so (HUNT THICK) thats my tip.

sparcebag

You mention Nemaji,I lived outside Duquette and hunted nemaj often UNTILL THE 4 WHEELERS!!! Last time up there I was out of Gavert camp ground,I was Archery a buddie was grousin,Just after sunrise there they were right by me 4 wheelers,I thought I was out of the camp ground far enough!! Got back to camp ground and there must have been 20 4 weeler trailors double trailors quad trailors.That was my last time out hunting there!! been back and checkin it out.Wont go back again!! crazy.giffrown.gif