Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Scott K

I need to take the kids out tubing soon, they have been on my case. Is there a lake that is good to do this on? I know when I am fishing I dont like them on the lakes I am on, thats why I am asking if you guys know of a good lake for me to go to for pulling tubes.

shivermeister

I would suggest Shields or Clear Lake. Both fish and fisherman seem to be down on those two lakes this year.

Scott K

I have done clear lake, but heard is rather gross right now, and dont know if I want my kids in that water. Havent been to shields for a few years, but heard the water maybe pretty low, and it isnt a very big lake to tube in.

yamydude

I would say washinton that lake is full of tubers and jet ski"s i only fish that lake early in the morning so i can stay away from all the activity out there

harvey lee

I would agree with Washington. I do not fish there on the weekends due to all the traffic. Plenty of pleasure craft, jet skiers and water skiers.

luckycrank

I HEAR MIL LACS IS A GOOD ONE grin.gif

tweedlap

Come up to Leech Lake. I haven't seen a "tuber" in 5 years.

tweed

Scott K

Thanks, I was thinking washington, but I know it is a popular fishing lake, and I hate to annoy fellow fishermen. If I was going to milacs or leech, I wouldnt be tubing, I would be fishing grin.gif . If anyone has a better idea let me know.

Thanks!

Bigeye30"

German or Jefferson are great lakes for tubing as well, a little less boat traffic in comparison to washington as well. The nice thing about these two lakes is the openess, even if there are people fishing the middle of the lakes offer some great stretches and plenty of room for the figure 8s. Have fun and be safe.

eyepatrol

Francis has a nice beach too.

raymondk

I seen something last weekend on washington that was real scary there was a boat tucked behind the grass island which was loaded with some yough kids and this jet ski comes flying wide open threw a opening on the island it looked like he missed the boat by 20 feet I was on the corner of the island and it looked like they were going to hit. Good thing I wasn't in that spot i would of been reaching for my casting rod. later I went back to that spot and another jetski does the same thing it was a yellow one the first time. Maybe we can start a new season just remember anything you snag has to be thrown back. Please whoever is doing this stop it may be fun but just think how you would of felt if you would of hit the boat i seen the look on your face when you seen the boat. you looked just as surprised as the people in the boat...

Team Otter

Volney would be worth checking out.

Muddog

Yes, Volney would be a good one.

Scott K

Is there still a beach on the south side at all on volney?

eyepatrol

Yes.