Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wazz

Shore fishing??

7 posts in this topic

Going to Duluth this weekend, for a couple daze. I know its a terrible time of the year, but anybody know of someplace where a guy and his son could fish, and have a realistic chance of catching something?

Thanks

Wazzzzzzzzzz

Many shore spots on the St. Louis River around the Gary area and above. From Boyscout landing to the 23 bridge there are a bunch of spots to try.

wazz, I'm taking a large group of kids out this morning for the very same thing, some shore fishing. I'll let you know how we do. Also you could try some area trout lakes or for a change of pace, spend a morning off the Two Harbors break wall if it the conditions are right. Deep cold water there so the youngster will need close supervision. A life jacket might be in order too.

Thanks that would very helpful, my boy and I appreciate it.

LMK

Wazzz laugh.gif

northlander put me on fish instantly two summers ago, thanks again. the kids and i had a blast, but northlander forgot to warn me to bring about 50 beetle spins because of all the rocks. it was just like he said. go here, look for this, and then cast. you will catch lots of smallies, maybe a walleye or northern. bass after bass, a couple gators and a couple things that i never saw. all east of jay cooke from shore.

SFBOY that spot was HOT all last year but with low water is not so hot this year. The fish seem to have moved out into the 1st drop from there. Some very large muskies have also been caught there. My buddy caught a 50" Ski just a rock skip from there. Theres a couple bigger in that area as well.

Oh and you are right when you say you will go through a lot of jigs etc. if ya dont stay off bottom a bit.

Little late for the cats but when they are getting set to spawn they are a blst in there.

Glad you had fun.

High Banks side of the damm area below the parking area. Look for weeds breaking the surface. Float a bobber up close with a plain hook and worm or cast 16th oz jigs tipped with a twister tail for crappies and gills.