• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Daunte to ATL??

Central Bassman

With all the stuff going on with Mike Vick... Do you guys think that Daunte will end up playing for the Falcons??? smile.gif

Not sure if he'll end up anywhere....I'm reading rumors that he may not be ready to play until late in the 2007 season at best. Atlanta is going to need someone to step in this week.

Quote:

Daunte wouldnt make the Lions practice squad

Alot of people are picking them ahead of the Vikes this season..........

Fumblepepper will have alot of trouble finding a team. I can't see any team giving him over a min. vet contract.

LOL... I can just fell the love for him here!!! tongue.gif

Daunte is getting what he deserves. He acted like a fool his last year in Minnesota and basically abondoned the team once he went down to injury. He wouldn't work or even show up in Minnesota once a new coach was hired and demanded to be traded. He has been and continues to represent himself as player/agent and I hope he finds his way to the unemployment line this fall. What comes around goes around.

No kidding Mark . Remember when Pep would have been MVP if Manning hadn't had such an off the hook year . People forget that for the 1st 5 years he played statistically no one throughout history was better . Marino led in ONE catagory but Culpepper was better than Favre , Montana , Young , Unitas - everybody . Its a shame and I have always kind of felt that it was more Mrs. Culpepper who wanted out of MN. after the boat thing due to the way that the fans ( loosly stated ) would have treated the Culpepper family . I don't blame him for leaving and I , for one , with our present QB situation would like for him to be on our team . Put your hate aside for a minute people and think about who gives the Vikes a better chance to win Culpepper or who ever we'll have under center , as of now , when the season starts ? Don't worry , I'd guess that the Vikings would be his 32nd choice . Atlanta would be lucky to get him .

Daunte is a nimrod and had one spectacular year and I give most of that credit to the rest of the offense.....He fired his agent and has had nothing but problems since!!! He can't hold on to a football and never has been the most accurate of throwers. Now the one thing he did have was his size and mobility and he lost his mobility......Daunte is a cancer to any team that picks him up and everyone knows that. That is why he is still a free agent!!!

He won't be when the season starts and I hope he is on our schedule and comes to the dome and kicks our a$$'s and maybe that will silence you Daunte haters .

Quote:

Daunte is a nimrod and had one spectacular year and I give most of that credit to the rest of the offense....

One spectacular year... there are statistics that would contradict that. Daunte has a better passer rating than Farve, Brady or McNabb. That would mean that he is a more accurate thrower than those three. His best year for passing yardage is still 300 yards better than Favre's best and 600 yards better than Brady's best. Brady has never had a 30 passing touchdown season, Culpepper had two.

The idea that Daunte was a cancer to any team that had him is really odd seeing as how the last time the Vikes made it to the play-offs he was the quarterback. The last time they made it to the NFC Championship he was the quarteback. Since his departure the team hasn't done well.

I won't argue that he isn't what he once was but having had knee surgery myself I don't think anyone would be.

I hurt my knee last winter on a snowy day in Wal-Mart parking lot.

I have not been the same since.

My hand strength is horrible, I mean, I seem to lose my grip and drop things alot more. My attitude, well, all I can say is since the injury, I really think I am better then the people around me. And to top it off, I quit my job and got fired from another, and I really don't know why. It has to be my knee.

Only 1 reson Dante had those early numbers....Randy Moss. As soon as he had to face defenses that weren't adjusting to try to contain Moss, he folded like a cheap suit. And he's got hands like a little girl...

Folded like a cheap suit ? You might be a great football mind but I think you might have your metaphor confused . You guys that hate Daunte will just hate him . Go ahead . For me he was just a player who sometimes played good and sometimes not so good . Was Montana only good because of Rice ? Marino had the Marks . Saying Daunte was better because of Moss is an excercise in the obvious , Moss could have made anyone look better back then . I used to think that but realized that the whole team had a beakdown without Moss . He was the engine that drove the team and without him there was no confidence , protection wasn't there , WR's wern't getting open , total team breakdown . How many of those fumbles or sacks were coverage sacks or how many of those fumbles came due to crappy blocking . I'm not saying that Daunte doesn't deserve some of the blame but to hold him wholly responsible is wrong . QB's get to much credit for winning and take to much of the blame for losing .

Daunte plain and simply experienced TOO much success in his early days. Most can be attributed to the surrounding talent around him (Moss, Carter, and Smith). To compare Daunte to Favre and Brady is just plain foolish. Take the talent surrounding Daunte in his first few years away and you get the same Q-Back as you saw when they had few if any weapons. I'm not a Daunte basher either---he's simply getting what he desrves.

I do not think people hate Daunte they are simply stating his faults. He made his own bed by being so demanding. Why do you think the Dolpins dropped him so quickly. Remember the Dolphins had to make good on his $10million contract bonus last spring. Truth is Daunte's career may be over because he cannot perform at the level prior to the knee injury. Bring back Fran!!!

Quote:

He won't be when the season starts and I hope he is on our schedule and comes to the dome and kicks our a$$'s and maybe that will silence you Daunte haters .

And you are a Viking fan? Bwahahahahahaha. If Daunte lands on another NFL team, you should cheer for his new squad.

I keep hearing people say that Daunte was only good because of Moss. Couldn't a case be made for the reverse as well? How did things go in Oakland for Mr. Moss?

I think it's obvious that they helped each other. It's not so one sided as many people make it seem.

ummmm Moss gave life to qb's such as randall cunningham and jeff george.....Moss was great before Culpepper threw an NFL pass!!!

Quote:

I hurt my knee last winter on a snowy day in Wal-Mart parking lot.

See what you missed is that I said knee surgery... an injury bad enough to require surgery... not a little boo boo from slipping in the parking lot at Wally World because you aren't coordinated enough to walk. There is a big difference. But after your response I am sure an event as insignificant as that to most would be enough of an impact to you that you were unable to fully recover. Good luck getting back into the game.