Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TedT

Bass lakes near Perham?

13 posts in this topic

Hi - My family and I are staying at a friend's house on Little Pine Lake and I am looking for a good bass lake in the area. This is the 3rd year we are staying in the area and I have not found a good bass lake to fish. I usually use plastics on deeper weed lines but I am having trouble locating fish. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks

good luck with that we dont just give awy are hotspots normally but i will say that long lake is good round lake is good but can you figure out which one

Try buchanan or devils lake.

Good luck. Everyone I know fishes bass catch and release, so why not share some spots.

Thanks for the help - I also am a sportsman who only practices catch and release. I only know lakes in West Central MN - Green Lake etc. If you need a good spot around there let me know.

i still like to keep the few lakes i actually fish with hook and line a secret where you from down in west central mn i got alot of relatives by willmar and redwood falls

I am from Prinsburg MN - I understand that you want to keep some of you "honey holes" a secret - I would too. I was just looking for a little help. It seems everyone just likes to talk about Walleyes!

It's the MN fish. Bass are pretty much just bait stealers to me. I do make it out with the spinnerbait in hand once in a while though. Good luck!

As you likely have already found out Little Pine is a waste of time for bass.Big Pine is good but have had better luck for them fishing shallower. Devils' has a good deepwater bite and isn't too large to figure out in a day.The McDonalds are all for the most part good diverse bass waters also.Lots of excellent oportunities in Ottertail country and the great part about it is that most everyone is chasing walleye wink.gif

We go up to Dead Lake every September, usually do pretty good. Lot's of points and weeds, Bass heaven. Haven't fished there in the summer but it's worth checking out. Clitheral and Marion are suppose to be good too from what I've heard but never fished them. We'll probably try Clitheral one day this fall, it has smallies too.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info - I might look into Clitheral for some smallmouths.

if you want smallies go to ten mile

Rush lake just south of Perham has lots of bass, I've had good luck on Buchanan also, try the south end.

Thanks for all the imput - I leave today and when I get back I will update. Thanks