Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flick

Weekend Fishing

5 posts in this topic

Wondering how the bite was this past weekend for those who were out? I'll be fishing starting this coming Wed through Sun. Weather looks good as long as the front they're predicting Wed night doesn't affect them too much. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Flick

Fishing has been pretty good lately, this stable weather and wind has helped keep the bite going for a good part of the day. It's a little different story when it's 85-90 and sunny with no wind, but if you want 'em bad enough you can find fish. I don't think the front forcasted for Wed. (if we're looking at the same weather forecast confused.gif) will do much. The one I've heard about sounds pretty insignificant.

I'm pretty sure the techniques and tips for how to catch walleyes on here has been pounded plenty so if you want more on that just do a little searching. Pulling plugs on the reef has been producing for us for what it's worth.

Fishing on Rainy was pretty consistant and good this weekend. Nothing real big, 23" was the biggest but a lot of nice fish, and fish of all size for that matter. Good luck.

I just returned from fishing rainy for 3 days. Fishing was good, the walleyes were biting pretty consistantly next to white rock reefs. Biggest was 27 inch fish, that looked like it ate a football. There is no comparing the mille lacs walleyes and rainy fish as far as weight per inch. The rainy fish are huge.

Thanks for the input. I'll post up how we do when we get back. Probably be stopping by the one-stop around 11-12 tomorrow morning, maybe someone from here will be around.