Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Quast

GOOD BOOTS FOR ELK HUNT ??????????????

Christopher Quast

I'm looking for suggestions on some middle of the road boots for my elk hunting trip this fall I will probably be sitting and walking but mostly sitting and glassing for longer periods of time my feet dont have very good circulation so I'm leaning towards a 600 gram boot here is the type of boot I would like so does anyone have experience with these boots and if so are they a good boot or not??? confused.gif

Cabela's 12" Outfitter Series™ 600-Gram Hunting Boots

$149.95

daydreamer

I would highly recommend the Cabelas Master Guide Hunting Boot. 600 Grams. I bought these for steep country in Idaho and they were fantastic. My feet were fine all day long in these. I now where them for all sorts of hunting. You can get them for $99.95 right now online, that's what I paid for them in the store a couple of years ago and I'm thinking about buying another pair in case they stop making them for some reason. You'll really like the instep lacing they have on them.

Nate McVey

Here's the review I wrote for Cabela's on their "Snow Squall" boot, which has now become the "Snowy Range":

Best Boot I've Ever Owned, December 5, 2006

By shiner2367 from Duluth, MN

"During a preseason stop at Cabelas to find a pair of boots I came across the Snow Squall. I compared them to other boots on the shelves and found them to be slightly lighter and have more Thinsulate than others in the same price point. These boots have beat all the expectations that I had for them. I used them in CO for 3rd season elk with over a foot of snow on the second day of camp. I walked all day, up and over ridges and through meadows tracking elk and never got cold or wet feet. On the last day we were lucky enough to get an elk, but were well over a mile from the truck and it was straight down to Red Sandstone Creek and then straight up the other side. After 4 trips to get the elk packed out (and four times crossing the creek with quarters on our backs) my feet were as dry as when I had put them on that morning and my partner's feet were soaked. These are without a doubt the best boots I have ever owned. Thanks for a great product!"

protiller

I hunted Colorado last fall and purchased the Danner Pronhorn's 400gram. I don't have good circulation either and these boot served me just fine. Last week Gander Mountain had these boots on sale for 20% off.