Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seahag

1st time on northstar lake 7/28 help!!!

5 posts in this topic

This is my 1st time on nothrstar lake,primary focus will be on bass.Also looking for some walleye and will take a shot at some muskie.Any ideas on locations and presentation this time of the year.Thx to all in advance who respond.

For bass look for weedlines. I've done well w/ texas and carolina rigs on the edges -about 14-17 fow- this time of year. And of course late evening and early morning try some topwaters or unweighted senkos in shallow.

I personally haven't fished it for skis, but I'd imagine they'd be on structure this time of year. I do remember a friend told a friend told a friend who told me that they do pretty good at night on skis out there too, I don't remember what they were using or anything.

Thanks for the info,it will a great help.

Troll around the sunken islands with a decent size crank bait that dives in the 10-15 foot range. Just don't fish the main lake either. Go through channel to the southwest portion of the lake.

Thanx HM.I'm looking forward to a productive week.

Thx again!