Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Earthworks

wi-fi hotspots?

10 posts in this topic

Is there anywhere that I can connect to the internet with my laptop to keep updated with this board. I am staying at Sha-sha for the week starting this Sat.

I'm not sure if there is anyone out toward the lake that has access. (I'm sure there is somewhere out there, by now).

There is a coffee shop in town called Coffee Landing Metro that has computers in the shop for you to use. I've used the internet in there before, not sure if they have wi/fi though. And if you're into coffee they have the best...get the Rainy Lake Blend. They are on the corner of 3rd Street and 5th Ave. in downtown. Brick building with bright yellow chairs out in the front.

There is a coffee shop in the Super One store and they might have wi/fi. That place is farther down 3rd st. across from the football stadium.

There is WI-FI at the chamber of commerce building. At the three way stop (4th and 3rd) same road going towards Canada.

I found out that the Holiday Inn also has wi-fi.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I am staying at Sha Sha also this week starting Saturday. We'll be the ones with 3 dogs....my wife and I have two yellow labs and my dad has a German Shepard. I'll see ya there I'm sure, my name is Dave.

I believe that you can connect from the bar at Island View Lodge next to Sha Sha.

Go to Woody's pub. Get a cold beer (this won't work without it). Take the beer and your lab top out to a chair on Woody's deck over looking Sand bay. Crank up the lab top and enjoy. When you tire of this go fishing with Woody.

If Woods has wi-fi out on his deck, then that's the first place I'd be! grin.gif

and where do I find this tavern?

Woody's Pub is 2-3 miles west of the Falls in the little town of Ranier. As you're heading out of town toward Sha-Sha, there is a big billboard type sign on your left welcoming you to Ranier. Take that left. Stay on that road and you'll see the Ranier Muni on your right, Grandma's Pantry on your left (great breakfasts---huge pancakes!), and Woody's will be up ahead on your right-hand side. As they say---you can't miss it. In fact, if you keep going straight, you'll drive right down the ramp into Rainy Lake. grin.gif