Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zasteeg

Stewartville Area

5 posts in this topic

I'm in the area for a few days and I wanted to know some good places to fish. Also consider traveling to Rochester. Let me know a few good lakes for easy shore fishing.

Thanks,

zasteeg

Lakes are few and far between in the Stewartville area my friend. Rochester has a few "lakes" - silver, foster arends. Chester woods is east of Roch a few miles and Lake Zumbro is a few miles north of town. My advice would be to hit up an area stream if you are shorebound... Otherwise, any of the above gives you a chance.

Willow Creek is only about 6 to 7 miles from Stewertville. It's located about 2 miles directly north of the Rochester airport. If you zoom into a map of that area, you'll see its accessible via the road Lone Pine Dr. It has a public fishing dock, but also lots of shoreline area. Mostly bluegills and largemouth bass.

If you are looking for some variety, I would suggest Foster Arends, all three species of stream trout are stocked in there. Plus there are some lunker bass in there as well. Gills and crappies tend to run on the stunted side though.

the root river runs right through stewi has great smallmouth fishing. not real deep so you will just have to get on and walk from hole to hole