Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rivernut

Sartell 7/21

9 posts in this topic

Fished the upper 'sippi for year's. Fished Sartell for the first time today. Launched at the county park launch, more than deep enough for my 16 ft. Caught several smallies, a bunch of snakes, and a walleye. Various baits from jig and crawler, spinnerbait, tybes, and topwater. To the 3 punks in the yellow and white ski boat who thought it would be funny to run full throttle to within 10 feet of us while fishing 10 ft from shore and laugh their ---- 's off, I have your reg. # off of your boat. Hope it's not your parent's. Anyway, aside from that it was a fun trip. I must add that I know they won't see this, because no FMer would pull a stunt like that. Thank's for letting me vent. Mike

Bet the jetskiers reminded you of our stretch down here huh?

What were you in, I was with River Tiger in his Blazer, we launched at Rice, county park?.

White Starcraft with a Merc.

Reminds me of the old days when I would fish for eyes and be anchored on a corner north of the paper mile a couple miles. Usually a boat or 2 would go between me and the shore 40 yards away and 150 yards on the other side. I'd just shake my head if they waved. Nice fish MSRD! I saw a picture some other place on the net wink.gif.

The part that urked me the most, they made a 90 degree turn, just to buzz my gal and I. Anyway, I like that area. I'm thinking it is probably a good late fall spot. I"ll be back. I did see a post a way's back, and it said that there was a launch on the east side of the river about a mile north of the paper mill. Any idea if it is there, and how to get there? Anyway, take care and thanks for any help. Mike.

Yes there is a nice boat access there. Just turn north at the 4 way stop on the east side of the river in Sartell. You take a left after going a couple miles (don't know the name of the road) and cross the RR tracks. It's then another half mile on your left.

Thanks Tippman, appreciate the help.

The sartell part of the river is very good for fishing, but on the weekends when it's warm and sunny there is a lot of boat traffic. Instead I like to fish the river on a weekday, the river is much more enjoyable with less boats.

Weekend fishing out there can be really frustrating. If you know your way around north of the county park traffic is less and fishing is just as good. Just boater beware there are some shallow rock bars and this year the water is way down so there might be some new ones as well.