Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fredaddy

Big Carny? Big Mo? Let's chat it up!

5 posts in this topic

Hiya,

No one ever seems to post anything for Big Carny. I kind of drift between Carnelian and Big Mo. So here's the latest on Big Carny...a few small bass, a few notherns, couple of bigun' bass (17+...I'm easily amused and impressed).

Who's using Yamamoto (or similar) worms? These silly things work! Floppy bic pens. Who woulda' thunk.

Also...is anyone else feling like Big Mo has been colder than last February the last couple of weeks? I'm taking the kitchen sink out with some hooks next time cause I've thrown everything else.

Deitz is so right...its fishin' not catchin'

peace love and egg batter with a cornmeal dip

The Dadster

Fred- personally I dont like to talk about smaller lakes online. Big Carnie has some bass in it.. but then again, so do all the other lakes in the area..

Big Marine- is a little bigger and can handle any pressure it gets, exp becuase may of its bass hide in places most MN bass anglers dont chase them.. thas said, we had one of our FLB events out there last tuesday .. and I think we had 16 boats, and I had big fish which was 17.5 inches.. but my next biggest fish was 12.5.. LOL

I hit Big Marine on Saturday. Man, I don't recall another time I've seen that many boats on the lake. The wind was pretty nasty.

Started fishing the point that extends before the east bay. I think someone told me this was called girl scout point? Fished the reeds up behind the point with spinners, caught a 12" LM. That was about it for the day. I moved out from the reeds and Texas rigged a number of objects, from 7" Berkley crawlers in neon yellow to tequila sunrise 5" worms and even "The Kreature". Notta...

Also tried the drop over by the big island on the north end and the point there. Nothing again. Lots of anchored boats there, nobody was catching anything but small gills.

This was supposed to be my year to learn about worms and underwater structure. I've always been a spinners and traps on the reeds and docks guy, but this year was going to be different. It isn't going very well.

I planned to do more shaky head and try drop shot for the first time, but the wind was getting me off position too quickly, and as I understand it, you need to find the fish before using those techniques, and I wasn't finding them.

Oh well, there is always next weekend!

Wind...windy...windy-er...hold in the wind...work the wind... story of my life this year. I can't be alone.

This is my first year back on Big Mo since 90/91. Back then I was water skiing. (and I was better looking, thinner, and a bit more fit! And I had hair!) Now I have a bass boat.

It's fun trying to figure it out. In my old guy's eye, there's boats working places I wouldn't think of trying, but I bet they know more than me.

Try the Yamo worms in wierd places. It's what I do. almost like still fishing for wally-eyes...wierd, but it's working better than the old standbys.

Peace love egg and cornmeal

Quote:

Wind...windy...windy-er...hold in the wind...work the wind... story of my life this year. I can't be alone

this year has to be the windiest in a long time. especially earlier in the spring and summer.