Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stick in Mud

Reasonable Expectations?

4 posts in this topic

This time of year my success rate of catching walleyes usually diminishes significantly. As it does for many of my friends. And many of the launches.

Yet some people still catch large quantities of fish. So I ask, What can a man (or woman) reasonably expect to catch in a day of walleye fishing? 5? 10? 2? 20? Do people still catch 20 in a day? No one SAYS they are, but my guess is that they are keeping it secret from all the Joe-Schmoes like me who can't catch them much anymore. I mean, in the spring there's no need to stay tight-lipped because fish bite on anything anywhere.

So, again, what can a weekender like me with limited skill, limited time, and limited resources, expect to catch on a nice day on the Pond.

sunburn

Now that is funny.

I figure some people catch them and others do not catch them! Any day on Mille Lacs is a good day. I have had skunk fish days and 15-20 fish days (more when I was younger).

This time of year, it is mostly slow. More so than spring!

It gives pleasure boaters precedence! Water sky or knee board now, for an Indian summer is for fishing.

I would say that if you average 1 walleye per hour you're doing pretty darn good as of late....ie. if you catch 10 in a day of fishing that's not bad! I would suggest smallmouth bass fishing. Fishing will be mostly slow for the next month and a half.............