Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nukem531

Sand Lake Report

5 posts in this topic

Checking on any reports from the Sand and Little Sand area. Coming up in a week and just wondering if the eye's are in the weeds yet? How are the sunny's biting? It looks like the weather is going to hold out for a couple weeks, I Hope.

Thanks in advance for the info!

Just walked in the door from a week on Sand Lake. The fishing was SLOW!!! I did not see one walleye, in the cleaning shack, at the resort we stayed in. The sunnies were slow as well, but did pick up a few yesterday (perch as well). The little northerns were PLENTIFUL! The kids had a great time trolling around for them. Sorry for the poor report blush.gif ! We did have a great time up there though. I'm discovering its not all about the fishing like I think. smirk.gif Have a good time!!! Oh yeah, I almost forgot tongue.gif The kids caught a bunch of crappies right off the dock! Best fishing was by the little ones!!!!

The eye bite would be better if you hadn't caught them all this spring. I don't think there are any northerns left either after you taught my kids how to catch them.

How is your summer going. We have been busy no time for fishing. Christian caught 14.5" crappie out of an old sand pit a few weeks back. Its a great story. I could tell you about but he tells stories better then me.

Greet your wife & Dad for me.

Take Care, Ike

Ike,

Good to hear from you. Hope the family is healthy and safe. Tell them HI from us and give the kids a hug from me. We are going to be camping at the resort for only 6 days but I hope that we can find something to catch.

Hope to hear from you guys soon and take care of yourself and the family.

Nukem

Brfive,

Thanks for the report. I hope that the info you gave will assist in my week of fun. If we can find the crappies that would be awesome. I think that there might be some 12 oz. wide mouth bass drank that week. That will probably make all of the little ones much bigger. Hope you guys had a great week. Thanks again for the info.

Thanks a lot,

Nukem