Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robbo17

Litchfield Swimming

5 posts in this topic

My daughter has a Softball Tourney in Litch this weekend. Is there anywhere near there to take the Kids swimming between games?

Not sure what Lake Ripley is like for swimming right there in Litchfield. Might be an option.

I haven't been to Ripley in the summer for years -- probably since like 1988 or something. But they used to have a beach on the east side. Probably still do. It was a fairly large park, I think there's an old military tank or helicopter there, can't remember which. The water was fairly clean too, from what I remember -- remember seeing sunfish swimming around all over. I was 10 though...so take it with a grain of salt smile.gif

Highway 22. South of Hwy 12.

there is still a swimming beach there. The lake does get very weedy for about a month more in the summer, but they eventually go down. dont know how it is out there now, but a few weeks ago my grandpa said it was weedy. he lives on washington usually fishes the local lakes. i would imagine that the swimming area may still be fine. with all the kids in litchfield i would say its probably kept up pretty nice.

Took the kids swimming there on Sat. afternoon between games. Beach was great, Their was even an ice cream truck that came by. And they played on the park for awhile. Litchfield City should be complimented for the park they have there.