Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ironman

shore lakers?

4 posts in this topic

When do the lakers get close enough for some shore casting? I was up there last year and had a couple close calls with em, it was in the summer sometime...I dont remeber when though. As a side note I took my daughter to the north shore last Sunday and we had a blast climbing up the rocks up the Beaver river and catching little rainbows in the pools. I just get a huge kick out of catching those little buggers.

I think I start catching the Lakers from shore in late Sept or early Oct. Ill check my notes and get back to ya.

Depending on how the summer goes and water temps you can get Lake Trout as they move in to spawn. The season closes the end of Sept so its a short opportunity for the shore caster.

For the troller its a time when you can get them off shore as they stage in deeper water.

Ya it was in the end of aug into late september. As ST said the season closes end of Sept.

Sept 4th I started catching loopers, steelies and Lakers off Brighton beach pretty good. Sept 22nd was my best day of casting spoons with 2 lakers and 2 loopers and 1 wild caught. Man those babies can pound a spoon.