Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigschmitty

Walleye migration from Kab to Nam?

2 posts in this topic

Has anyone any information on Walleyes migrating to Namakan from Kab in July and August? I have heard this a couple of times and am skeptical but interested. I have been told that Walleyes migrate to the clearer deeper waters of Namakan during the hot summer months. If anyone has any thoughts on this I would appreciate a response.

Thanks,

It don't happen. If you have seen a kab walleye vs. a Nam walleye I think you would have to agree. Kab fish are bright white on the belly and nam fish look as though they have been dipped in dirty old motor oil. How many dark fish have you seen come out of Kab or vise versa? If there was a migration it would be the other way as there is a lot more to eat in Kab vs. Nam. But it just doesn't happen. Kab fish stay in Kab and Nam fish stay in Nam. I don't even believe that the fish move from one end of the lake to the other. But only from shallow to deep. I am not a biologist. I am basing this on the fact that I have been catching fish in the sisters all year...every year.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Wanderer
      Whatever it takes to open the ring enough to get the process started.  I've just found I have a lot more control over the process with a couple small pliers and fewer pokes in the finger tips.   I've even been known to use the pliers for other things but I'm kind of creative that way. 
    • ZachD
      The one by Long lake and Green lake       East of 169 A little North passed the main drag in Zimmerman MN
    • SweetsFishing
      1-24-17 Fishing Report The fishing in the 30-33 feet of water range has been producing several limits of 14-17 inch Walleyes and Saugers with a few smaller yearlings in the mix as well. We have also seen a few perch around the 12 inch range as well as a few tulibees and pout coming up the holes. The fish have been biting more timidly so patience before setting the hook is a must. A plain red hook on a dead stick continues to produce a decent number of fish as well as using smaller jigging spoons,rattle spoons,buck shots and stop signs with glow in the dark pink,green,blue and gold being the effective colors. The hot times for the bite seem to be between 10 am-4 pm with a decent number of bites being reported between first light to 10 am. The bite in the 16-20 feet of water range has cooled off a bit with a few keepers still being brought up mixed in with a handful of yearlings. The flashers continue to be a highly recommended tool up here on LOTW as there remains to be a decent number of suspended fish being seen.  Good luck fishing on beautiful Lake of the Woods!  
    • jeremy fisher
      I also had same issue, I just replaced mine one week ago
    • PRO-V
      Which Blue Lake?