Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyedan

Walleyedan's Report

1 post in this topic

Good morning. Today is a meeting day and a day to take a breather from this fishing stuff. Not sure where to start, but I will say that the Tigers are for real. I'm not going to say we can't tame them, but we better start hitting some extra base hits. O.K., fishing report... I have struggled the last two days (Tuesday and Wednesday) trying to bag the elusive walleye. I gave up on Tuesday, not something I normally do but it's hard to stay in the game when it's flat calm and sunny! Toby didn't give-up on Tuesday and ended up finding a hungry school on Whitefish. Yesterday on Pelican was rough for me too! They were there, they were nice size, but they were not eating our bait. The northerns and bass have been on a rampage, but I believe they must have a better metabolism than the walleye. I guess I could blame it on two days of terrible conditions and leave it at that. The lakes in the area are bursting with baitfish right now and until that supply gets knocked down a little, we might find a little tougher walleye bite. Last year Gull was on fire starting about now as far as the walleye "bite", hopefully it's going to start happening again any day now! We will keep you posted, as our guides are working everyday. It has been a great season thus far. Thanks for booking with us and have a good time on the water.

Have a nice day,

Walleyedan's Guide Service

p.s. We are taking orders for the Mossy Oak Duck Blind Arctic Armor.