Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mnfinsandfur

Kids fishing

6 posts in this topic

I am taking my five year old son and some of his friends fishing in the Spicer area next week and I am looking for a lake that will keep them interested. This will be their first fishing “TRIP” (like Dad gets to go on) so I want them to have some success. Any ideas?

THANKS

Cahloun you'll catch lots&lots of small sunnies maybe even some keepers,bring lots&lots of bait. cool.gif

We are staying at a cabin on long lake(the small one) any fishing options on long?

You will still be able to get some sunnies for the kids. I had 3 kids with their dad out fishing. They were more than happy to catch sunfish. Add some bigger minnows (fatheads) and you may even get some bigger fish.

Lots of bass and sunnies on long. You will not need to travel to any other lake.

you'll be in a great area, and the lake you are on will keep'em busy. watch your drag too. ya may get smaked by a northern cool.gif

have fun!!!!