Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alex1

WOODLAND

5 posts in this topic

Hey Woodland going to be spending a week on Miltona this coming week. Wondering if you have any words of wisdom on where the walleyes are biting and what the guys at your place have been using to get them? Was out there last Saturday morn and didn't get anything besides a bunch of Large Mouths, then we got chased off by the wind. tongue.gif

Hey Alex1,

Sorry for the delay. This is our busy time of year. Just to set the record strait, I don't want you to get the wrong idea, I rarely have word of "wisdom" when it comes to fishing. crazy.gif

Here is my two cents. I am sure someone else can tell you another technique that is working better... It seems like the best bet for quality is trolling cranks. I hear of some walleye being caught with slip bobbers and lindys with leeches, a few dandys, but a lot of 14"ers.

However, for the quality fish, I would stop at the tackle shop on the way up and spend a few bucks on an assortment of crank baits. It also eleminates the rock bass, perch and sunfish.

I was out last night for the first time in a while and caught two, after sunset. One 16 and one just over 22, one in about 17' and one in about 13'.

Hope this helps a little! Let us know how it goes.

Good Luck,

Steve

Woodland, every little bit helps when it comes to fishing tips. Thanks for the reply, and I'll be sure to send a post when we get back as to how we did. Sounds like its going to be a scorcher out there this next week, sounds like it will be a good week to sleep in for the morning and sit in the shade with a beverage of choice during the afternoon wink.gif, then hit it hard just before sunset. grin.gif

Well I'm home again and it was a tough bite. Managed to catch one walleye each morning using a Chartruese and Silver shad rap, that was a keeper. They ran the 15"-16" range, so nice fish for the fry pan. The evening bite was pretty well non-exsisting for me. Managed a lot of Bass and and a few northerns, and a couple of small muskie that would follow when you checked for weeds. The fish I did manage to catch were excellent for the shore lunch one night, with a few fried potatos ooo.gif. Will be coming up again hte later part of August, and agin last part of Sept. Hopefully with the lower temps and likewise ater temps the fish will be coporating a little better. All in all we had a great week, temps were a little outrageous on Wed. but still managed to find things to keep cool and enjoy. Monday morning was interesting when the fog got real thick and I had forgotten to grab my GPS before i went out. Did manage to find my way back by keeping the sun to my back going very slow. crazy.gif

Alex 1, what's the water temp these days???