Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinalot

Fishing this year and last year.

8 posts in this topic

I'm heading up next Tuesday and am wondering how the fishing compares to last year. I think there was a bait hatch last year and the fishing was very slow. How does this year compare to last?

We are heading up on the same day and I was hoping to see some response to your question. Maybe the fishing is so good that everyone is out fishing instead of on the forums ? laugh.gif

I have made five trips up there so far this year. I had better fishing last year. I have done ok this season, just not as many bigger fish. Its most likely just me.

Dusty,

What lake and areas have you been trying? Where did you get your fish last year? We had terrible luck last year.

Fishing over all has been comparable to last year. Good numbers of 18-25 inch fish. Had a party yesterday catch 15 fish over twenty inches and brought in 10 keepers. A guy must spend some time finding the fish. These were caught outside of weed edges in 8-12 ft of water. Play the wind. Boat control is a must. Good luck Dock Boy

Most folks, as well as the guides tell me fishing has been much better than last year, especially for harvest size fish. We have not had any major shut downs eventhough there was a major may fly hatch and weather front after weather front in and out.

You must be versatile, changing baits, presentations, and depths frequently. I limited out last week in 9-15' of water, Tues I found them at 26' although finding keepers was more difficult. Lots of happy anglers because of good Sauger, bass and pike to suplement the walleye bite.

good luck, guts

Fishinalot,

I fish the east half of Kabby and Namakan. I like to fish the Reefs and deep edges. It sounds as if that may be my problem this year not catching the bigger fish. I will be back up soon and will try the weed edge thing. I heard some folks did well in Moose bay but that was a couple weeks ago. I last fished the stormy week after the 4th of July and got most of my fish in Namakan in 18 to 25 ft.

Is anybody fishing Crane?? I havent read any reports on it..