Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LPCrowRiverFisherman

Type of Carp, Mirror or Common

10 posts in this topic

I am Very Curious as to what type of carp this is, I was fishing with my friend on Wed. July 11th and one of my friends caught this carp. I Would just like a answer to what kind it is Common or Mirror. Caught in the South Fork Crow River.

100_3876.jpg

Pretty sure it's a mirror carp. Or a regular carp that's had too much goo from the bottom - ha-ha I know...looks like a typical mirror to me.

100% Mirror Carp!

Cool catch! You don't see too many of them around here. I have seen one in person. They are very neat grin.gif

Never heard of mirror carp! Had to look it up!A form of common carp,Wow new to me confused.gif looks like they have halographic scales? Am I right??

Yep, definitely a mirror carp. It looks like someone started scaling them and stopped before they got to the head! smile.gif

Quote:

Am I right??

Basically, a common carp with scattered scales. The rest is just smooth skin, kind of like a catfish.

Thank you, I guess I get to call it a mirror, it's the first I have ever saw.

It's a Mirror Carp. They are somewhat rare in most places, so that's a nice catch. The lake I grew up on in So Dak has quite a few of them (relatively speaking). Each and every one is completely different looking. Some only have a few scales, and some are covered with scales that are larger than a .50cent piece.

like said it's a mirror for sure they have a couple at the como zoo and that one looks just like the ones at como.fdr

I'd say Mirror Carp. Looks different from the fact that part looks like it has no scales. Caught two this summer from a marsh the DNR was drainning. One had partial mirror scales and the other a 30"one was fully covered.Kinda pretty and I guess you could say halographic.