Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wallyhunter66

french lake!!! 1 more time....

12 posts in this topic

I am going out to French tomorrow AM was wondering what the musky bite looks like? Any help would be great. thanks Todd smile.gif

he'll be there just seen him last night just a tip bring a towel youll find out why later grin.gif

I was there last Sun. before the storm ( which faded anyway after I got off in a hurry frown.gif) No kidding on the "towel"! grin.gif No luck either with the short amount of time I had. L2f

I hear the water is even lower. Can you get an 18 footer in the lake now? I am assuming this is why you need a towel. tongue.gif

If I can launch it, I'll be out there tomorrow.

the towel will be needed to wipe off the blue green water that flies off your reel when you cast. the water is anything but kleen at the moment, also a clothe pin may be useful as well grin.gif if you catch my drift!!

Roger that. I'll be out there bout noon tomorrow.

I played a bit on Kelly tonight for about an hour. Not much happening.

Just got home... Pretty good day. Put the boat in at 5 on the nose. Ran accross the lake to the S.W. shore. Goal for the day was to get my step-brother his 1st ski on his 16th b-day. 5:10am My 2nd cast of the day with a white/chartruse leverage buzzer in front of a dock, a 10" wake chased it 3' and with no violence at all my buzzer disapeared. shocked.gif I yanked back and the fight was on. 5 mins. later and no pics to show of it, it topped my all time personal best by 2" with a 48"er. Not a bad way to start the day. laugh.gif A lil northern in the next 2 hours kinda brought me back down to earth. grin.gif But a run to the N shore would get the day goin again. 1st cast to the shady side of a sailboat with a chatter prodused a good 3lb.er.(bass now) Also the next 2 casts gave up 2 smaller 1's. Then it was my step-bros turn... Looked down to turn the tm on and there he sat. I told him to throw right infront of me. He did and as he cranked, then killed his storm kick'n minnow when he had it in the fishs face. He reared back and b4 long I hoisted his fist Muskie out of the "blue" water. 32" smile.gif That made his day! Fished til 11 and finished the day with 2 skies, 1 snake, and 9 largies.

Awesome!

I'll be in the black Trophy stop by and say hi. Out there all afternoon/evening. Maybe pulling a tube if the kids get bored fishing. I have friends on that lake, maybe a few boats tied together.

I didnt get out for as long as i wanted, I had my daughter with and it was pretty windy for her, so...... but it was fun. and yes the landing is really shallow so be careful!!! and yes the water is a blue green color but atleast its not stinky. be careful bunt2k no more rocks on the lower unit. goodnight all and good luck!

Drove to french, looked at the lake/launch and how low the water was, I didnt even bother. Went to Mazaska. 1 16" eye in 8.7FOW. 75.8 for water temp. Had my kids with so mostly tooled around. My wife jumped in, and she got a little green, but not as nasty as French.

Water has defineatly cleared up since friday though, but still sick tongue.gif Today was nothing like yesterday. Didn't get out til 2ish. Holy boat traffic! Just not a good day to be out. Caught maybe 8 in 4hours all were dinky dinks but 1 nice 3lb.er I caught in a dock b4 I even put the boat in. No skies though, or the fishkind anyway, more than enough of the others mad.gif

Just drove out there to get my tube off my buddies boat. Lake looks 100% better! Not alot of traffic, at least on the north end. Now, if it can just come up 2 to 3 feet. wink.gif Maybe I'll fish it tomorrow, but I'm leaning towards Minnetonka. New experience for my wife up there tongue.gif